JOIN US ONLINE at the following link!
Wednesday, October 19th, 10.00am – 2.30pm (including a lunch)
HYBRID EVENT: L42 Business Center & Workspaces – Rue de la Loi 42, 1040 Brussels, Belgium and online (the TEAMS link will be shared prior to the event)
The ensmov project is coming to an end, at a time when the EU Parliament just adopted its position on the recast of the Energy Efficiency Directive, with MEPs agreing to raise the 2030 EU energy efficiency target to 14.5% and improve many EED measures to save energy.
We will hear more from experts at the event, and discuss the key project findings and recommendations. Topics such as energy poverty and additionality in the context of article 7 will be on the agenda.
The ENSMOV project was dedicated to enhancing the implementation and monitoring and verification practices of Energy Saving Policies under article 7 of the Energy Efficiency Directive (EED). In the past 3 years, ENSMOV has addressed key points relative to policy design and MRV (Measurement, Reporting and Verification) practices, through 3 cycles of one year exchange and debate between the various stakeholders of these energy policies. This final conference aims at presenting the outcomes of the project, the evolution of the EEOs and alternative measures review and the challenges to come.
10.00 Registration and coffee
10.20 Welcome, Vlasios Oikonomou, The Institute for European Energy and Climate Policy (IEECP)
10.30 Keynote, Ulrike Nuscheler, European Commission – CINEA
10.40 ENSMOV results in 15’ – key achievements, Samuel Thomas, Regulatory Assistance Project (RAP)
10.55 Panel debate – A revised Efficiency Directive Article 7, what is new? including Q&A
Moderation: Dario Di Santo, La Federazione Italiana per l’uso Razionale dell’Energia (FIRE)
- Samuel Thomas, RAP
- Antonin Chapelot, Coalition for energy savings
- Radoš Horáček, Team Leader – Energy Efficiency Policy Implementation and Analysis, DG ENER, European Commission
11.30 Panel debate – Alleviating energy poverty through Article 7 of the Energy Efficiency Directive, including Q&A
Moderation: Vlasios Oikonomou, IEECP
- Stefan Bouzarovski, The University of Manchester (UoM)
- Guillaume Joly, The European Consumer Organisation (BEUC)
- Benoit Ferres, Observatoire indépendant des CEE (in cooperation with IFP Energies Nouvelles (IFPEN))
- Teresa Aristegui, Policy Officer DG ENER
12.05 Panel debate – Additionality: dimensions, compliance and challenges, and how Member States handle it, including Q&A
Moderation: Christos Tourkolias, Centre for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving (CRES), Greece
- Croatia: Vesna Bukarica, Energy Institute Hrvoje Požar (EIHP)
- Italy: Dario Di Santo, FIRE
- Bulgaria: Tsvetomira Kulevska, Sustainable Energy Development Agency (SEDA)
- Austria: Gregor Thenius, Austrian Energy Agency (AEA)
- Hungary: Ármin Bőhm, Hungarian Energy and Public Utility Regulatory Authority (MEKH)
12.40 Conclusions, Vlasios Oikonomou, IEECP